LOCAL INDEPENDENT OPERATOR ENDORSEMENT
By Executive Manager, Operations 223 downloads
Ops STK11 LOCAL INDEPENDENT OPERATOR ENDORSEMENT.pdf
The ‘Local Independent Operator’ endorsement may be issued to suitably trained and qualified pilots who do not hold a GPC, that authorises them to fly locally without the supervision of a Level 2 Instructor. It is expected that pilots conducting Independent Operations apply Threat and Error Management (TEM) in relation to their proposed operations.
Requirements for initial issue
- The pilot must have achieved competency in GPC Units 1 to 32 and 34 to 36.
- Approval shall be by Logbook endorsement issued by the CFI.
- Club Committee approval is required [The Club of a person exercising Local Independent Operator privileges is responsible for that person’s operations when the person is operating independently].
- Local Independent Operations must be conducted within gliding range1 and within visual distance of the aerodrome, and no further than 25 NMs of the aerodrome reference point.
- Before operating independently, a Local Independent Operator must inform their CFI (or delegate) and comply with any directions, privileges and limitations set by the CFI (or delegate).
- Independent Private Passenger flights may only be conducted on a given day with CFI consent. Private passenger recency requirements at paragraph 10.5.3 of MOSP2 apply.
- Local Independent Operator privileges do not apply if a Level 2 Instructor is supervising operations at the site.
- The local independent operator endorsement shall be revalidated during the pilot’s periodic flight review